Unplugged: what I learned by logging off and reading 12 books in a week

My mission: quit social media and spend the time reading the year’s top titles. The results were refreshing – and surprising

On a Sunday in mid-December, I drove towards Nevada City, a former Gold Rush mining camp in the foothills of the Sierras in northern California. I had rented a secluded internet-free cabin – a “tiny house” to be precise – outside town.

Related: 'I watch old westerns while the spuds are in the oven': creative people on how they relax

Continue reading...

from Books | The Guardian http://bit.ly/2SsUpm2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mine management and predictive maintenance are top priorities for miners

Down with the kids: can mining ever be cool?

GR Engineering wins OZ Minerals Northern Wellfield project contract