Emma Glass: ‘Game of Thrones is overrated. Give me The Lord of the Rings any day'

The author on the allure of Truman Capote, rereading Susan Hill and having her life changed by Kafka

The book I am currently reading
I’m not usually a slow reader but I have been savouring each luxurious line of Swan Song, Kelleigh Greenberg-Jephcott’s novel about Truman Capote, set in the 1970s. It’s long, but I am fully immersed in the glamour of his society.

The book that changed my life
Franz Kafka’s Metamorphosis troubled me at first because it broke all the rules. There was no explanation, no sympathy only absurdity and suffering. This is the book that made me realise I could write through a distorted lens and still convey truth.

Continue reading...

from Books | The Guardian http://bit.ly/2Si4eqU

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mine management and predictive maintenance are top priorities for miners

Down with the kids: can mining ever be cool?

GR Engineering wins OZ Minerals Northern Wellfield project contract